I’ve been writing web-based software for more than a decade in industries ranging from healthcare to legal to construction. My specialty is taking complex business problems and, via the magic of software, transforming them into efficient, automated processes and delightful user experiences.
Here is some of my relevant experience:
- Designed and built their product from the ground up, primarily using Ruby-on-Rails and React.JS
- Suite of software applications that help healthcare organizations protect their patient’s information and comply with HIPAA regulations.
- Trusted by 1000’s of hospitals and healthcare facilities nationwide
- Other technologies include RSpec, Capybara, HAML, SASS, and MySQL.
- Worked with the sales and support teams to evaluate customer needs and translate them into mockups and requirements before implementation.
- Assisted the Sales and Marketing teams with growth via email campaigns and digital advertising
I helped build NextChapter from an idea on a napkin (literally) into a successful business that was acquired in 2019. This legal SAAS company streamlines the bankruptcy process by converting an archaic, paper-based process into a digital one.
- Designed, built, and launched the original product, a web application built with Ruby-on-Rails and Angular.js.
- Hired and trained a team of engineers to take over day-to-day development.
- Continue to assist the CEO with high level product and technical decisions
- NextChapter was acquired by a larger company, Fastcase, in 2019. More Info
- Primary Technologies Used: Ruby-on-Rails, Angular.js, RSpec, Capybara, Redis, PostgreSQL, HAML, SASS, CoffeeScript
- Built the original prototype for their Gmail Chrome Extension.
- This was before Gmail had an official plugin API.
- Built a single-page app to help a local development firm manage their projects and employees.
- This spreadsheet-like app allowed the user to drag tasks to employees and then manipulate the schedule by dragging the task backward or forward in time or stretching longer or shorter, among other features.
- Used Backbone.js, CoffeeScript, Jasmine, and jQuery.
- Built an e-commerce web application that shifted their sales process online by letting their customers bid on products.
- Used Ruby-on-Rails, CoffeeScript, HAML, Jasmine, RSpec, PostgreSQL, and Less CSS.
Alliance Data Systems
- Trained their 15 person QA team to use Ruby, RSpec, Cucumber, and related technologies over a 3-month period.
- Built the architecture for performing automated tests on their large, Java-based financial application.
- I was hired by a local entrepreneur to build this review site for the Construction industry. It allows customers to find and review firms such as Architects, Interior Designers, Developers, Manufacturers, and General Contractors.
- Used Ruby-on-Rails, jQuery, PostgreSql, Rspec, and Capybara
M/I Homes website
- Lead developer on their public facing website as well as many other internal software tools and integration systems.
- Used Asp.net MVC, C#, jQuery, MS SQL Server, MS Biztalk